"We are a Proud Partner with America’s Most Trusted Roofing Brand - Owen’s Corning."
Roof Design Advice
Things to keep in mind while choosing your roof color
- A general principle -> when choosing a shingle color choose a darker color than the siding of your house.
- If you have plain siding -> use a blended shingle to create a more exciting look for your home OR if you have a variety of siding(ex. brick/stone and siding)-> use a solid color shingle because a blended shingle will clash with the variety.
- Look Around the Neighborhood - If you plan to eventually sell your home you want to select a color or blend that will harmonize to the homes around you, it is not ideal to have a unique home. Drive around your neighborhood and see which color of roofs you like best and then select a shingle from there. Note- some homeowner’s associations have strict guidelines for roof colors, if you are a part of a HOA please check with them before you select a color.
- BIG decision but not HUGE - Roofs on average account for 25%-40% of your home's visual exterior and will be a factor in how your home is perceived from the street. However, it’s easy to make the decision harder than it needs to be- select 2-3 shingle colors you like and then show a trusted friend or your contact at Greenlee Construction and they can help you make your final decision. In our experience after a few months the roof almost becomes invisible on your home unless you are well below the street, so don’t sweat it- it’s going to look great.
- No idea what color to choose? - When in doubt choose a dark neutral, such as a dark neutral brown or grey, it tends to match great with most homes. If there is still doubt, you can’t go wrong with a charcoal grey- we love the Owens Corning Estate Grey.
Our Bestselling Shingles in Central Oregon
Here are all the color options of our bestselling shingle - Owens Corning Oakridge® Shingles
See a color you like? Scroll down and add it onto a home that looks like yours to see it in action.
Harbor Blue, Terracotta, and Amber are currently not available in Central Oregon
Onyx Black - Owens Corning Oakridge Shingle
Twilight Black - Owens Corning Oakridge Shingle
Specific to PNW, not an option in the “Shingle Colors on My House”
Driftwood - Owens Corning TruDefinition Duration Shingle
Teak - Owens Corning TruDefinition Duration Shingle
Shingle Colors on My House or One Like it
Upload a photo of your own home or simply choose a home that looks similar to yours. We suggest choosing a photo of a home similar to yours to make it simpler for you. Also, it is best to use this application on a computer and not a mobile device so you can best see the colors on the home.
Central Oregon Specifics:
- • In Central Oregon we do not get the colors Amber & Woodland Path
- • The Shasta White Shingle is not recommended for homes in Central Oregon and does not come with a tax break, our weather is not hot enough.
Roof Colors that Pair well with Your Siding Color
Once you have found some shingle colors that match well with your siding color go back up to the “Shingle Colors on My House” tab and put the colors on a home to see them on a roof. Note about blended shingles- If you have plain siding-> use a blended shingle to create a more exciting look for your home OR if you have a variety of siding( ex. brick & siding)-> choose a solid color shingle because a blended shingle will clash.
Black, dark gray, dark brown, dark green
Oakridge Shingles-Onyx Black, Brownwood
TruDefinition Duration- Chateau Green, Estate Grey
Brown, black, green, gray, blue, red
Oakridge- Sierra Grey, Onyx Black
TruDefinition Duration- Estate Grey, Harbor Blue, Brownwood
Black, dark gray, dark blue, dark green, white
Oakridge- Teak, Shasta White
TruDefinition Duration- Chateau Green, Harbor Blue
Brown, black, dark green, dark blue
Oakridge- Brownwood, Teak
TruDefinition Duration- Onyx Black, Driftwood
Green, black, blue, charcoal and browns that are lighter or darker
Oakridge- Onyx Black, Sand Castle
TruDefinition Duration- Brownwood
Black, brown, gray, white
Oakridge- Shasta White, Twilight Black
TruDefinition Duration- Estate Grey, Brownwood